Sunday, November 18, 2007

Japanese Chips

First I have to say I love Christian. "I'd rather buy clothes than buy a bed." Finally someone who is on the same page.
I had drinks at Go’s on Saturday. It is becoming something of a routine now that the weather here is so bitter and I am so cheap. Go is half of the Japanese duo Go and So from my French class. So might not be wild about my reference to this pairing, he is married and has a four month old baby, but in my mind these two men will always go together…like potato chips and Spanish spice powder.

What you ask? Go is a good host. There is always a selection of cold beverages, assorted liquors and a spread of munchies. Potato chips fill the requirements for Go’s good time food: cheap. Cheap in France means low quality and flavorless, just like in America. At Go’s the less than enticing flavor of the chips is improved by your choice of spice blends: curry, red pepper flakes, or Spanish Seasonings. I prefer the Spanish. The kick of garlic along with the smoky paprika flavor
It was a typical night in…beers and potatoes.